To carryout timely, reliable and accurate financial management services in line with national legal and regulatory framework and international standards in promoting public sector accountability, transparency and value for money.
- To assist public entities in making effective decisions.
- To enhance public entities’ accountability and transparency.
- To develop qualified, skilled and motivated accounting officers.
- To account for government expenditure, revenue and assets as well as manage all government accounts to achieve appropriate financial controls through maintaining value for money.
- To prepare accurate and timely financial reports in line with international standards and best practices
- To provide proper accounting guidelines, instructions and established procedures for financial management functions in public institutions
- To provide technical and soft skills trainings to the public sector accounting officers.
- To capacitate accounting officers and maintain compliance with relevant financial regulation and policies.